Friday, March 5, 2010

Celebrating!

I am now officially done training and have completed my first week as an independent Nurse Practitioner. I am SO excited about it.
Really I am excited about a bunch of little things. I have a desk where I can put pictures of my sweetheart. I have business cards and a prescription pad with MY name on them. MY name is on the office door and on the directory on the first floor so my patients know where to find me. I even have a front desk staff and medical assistant. I LOVE IT! My mom and honey told me I should take a picture pointing to my name on the directory, but I am a little embarrassed because I don't think that I am supposed to be so excited about something so not-a-big-deal, but I am.
Since this was my first week taking my own patients there were some gaps in my schedule, I had quite a few empty appointments, but today, today it was full. That was a great feeling. Next week, not so full, but I will keep my fingers crossed that that changes.
Overall I am thrilled! And so excited to finally be here. YEAH!!!!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

You are alive! I was wondering if you'd ever post a blog again :).
I am so happy for you. You deserve everything after all of your training and long hours. Congratulations!

Erin said...

That really is something to be excited about. You've done alot to get to this point.

Cheryl and William said...

WOO HOO!! Enjoy all of these moments because you have totally earned them. And that is pretty sweet that you can write prescriptions. I'm a "dr" and I can't even do that :-)